Life & Games
Let me take this moment to say that the trivia contest with the $10 Amazon.com gift card prize is still going on until 7-something am CDT tomorrow morning. Go read about it here.
Life has kind of sucked this week in the non-writing, non-blogging side of things. We had to say goodbye to a family pet who’d been a part of our lives for about 14 years. It’s still hard. Then the dining room ceiling started leaking. We weren’t running water at all. The dining room is directly under the utility room upstairs, so it could either be the washing machine or the hot water heater.
There’s a complication with that though.
For those of you not in the States, this weekend is Labor Day weekend (Labor Day itself is actually Monday). This means that everyone except the retail stores are closed, unless you want to pay an exorbitant amount of overtime. Currently, the plumber is scheduled to be here first thing Tuesday morning, unless the leak turns into an emergency.
I called the landlord about the leak as soon as it started, and waited until morning to hear back. We communicated off and on through the day, and then at the end of the day they had the gall to say ‘we had a plumber out there today, but you weren’t home, so I’m sorry it couldn’t get taken care of.’ I really wanted to say, “Oh, I’m sorry, I’ve BEEN AT WORK ALL DAY AND SO HAS MY HUSBAND. We can’t just leave work, especially since I have an hour drive back home, and my husband is in training for a new job and absolutely can’t leave. Sorry.” I told them in the first message I left about the leak that we wouldn’t be home. Sorry you don’t know how to listen.
I almost wish the leak would get worse, so that I can call the landlord back and say ‘see, told you so!’ Until then, I’m stuck listening to water drip in a pan and I’m not really sure if it’s safe to shower or not.
Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled programming . . . thanks for letting me vent.
Several people that I now follow, thanks to the Campaign, have posted a fun little game to help everyone get to know each other. You just post 10 random facts about yourself, and any of you who do it from here just post your link in the comments so we can all see each other! 😀
1. I get extremely attached to pets. When they die, it’s like I’ve lost a family member.
2. I was homeschooled K-12 and graduated with other homeschoolers in the area. My graduation class size was 32 students. To compare, if I had attended the public school in my district, my class size would have been 1500.
3. I got married January 5, 2008, just weeks after the Oklahoma Ice Storm of 2007. The church we got married in didn’t get their power back until barely a week before the wedding.
4. I’m wearing Minnie-Mouse pajama pants and a pink flowered tank top right now. I don’t care if I look dumb, it’s comfortable.
5. This will be my second year serving as a NaNoWriMo Municipal Liaison. If you don’t know what NaNoWriMo is, go here. It will change our life.
6. I’m going to be first writing conference in October. All the nitty-gritty details are here, but I’m super excited!
7. I currently work on a sheep farm. I have spun a ball of yarn on a spinning wheel.
8. I had eczema for 14 years before I cured it by using a tanning bed. I don’t use tanning beds all the time, but I am forever grateful that I don’t have eczema anymore.
9. I have really long hair. It’s only an inch shy of hitting my waist.
10. I’ve been telling stories all my life, but only started writing them down as books after I graduated high school. Now I don’t know how I ever lived without it.
Don’t forget, if you post 10 facts about yourself, post a link in my comments so I can find it!