The past couple days have been very eventful for me! I was given a couple of awards!
I was given the Liebster Award by Jenn at A Single Bell. Thank you, Jenn!
The Criteria: The basic idea of the Liebster Blog Award is to showcase bloggers with less than 200 followers. When you get the award, you keep the love going and give it to 5 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
I’d love to have more than 200 followers, but I’m not holding my breath for it yet!
Now, the five bloggers I am passing this onto are:
Lissa at A Quid for the Quill
Nellie at The Scribbling Pencil
Nadia Gaspar, Writer
Olivia at Scribbler of Dreams, Child of God – I’m going to say a small note about this blog, because she’s a writer trying to attend college, but the hitch is that she’s homeless. She hasn’t posted since the end of July, so I’m hoping everything is okay, but even reading what little she has there is just a push back into reality.
Girls With Pens
Susan, at Notes from Innisfree, gave me the Versatile Blogger award! Thank you so much, Susan!
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it.
#1 is taken care of, so now it’s #2 – 7 things about myself!
1. I love grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I especially love the tomato soup. The problem with this is that my husband can’t stand tomato soup, and so I can only do it when he’s not home.
2. My sister and I had epic imaginary games and stories when we were kids – one ‘story’ went on for 6 months straight, and we played everyday! Now you know why I write fantasy 😛
3. My hair is down to my waist right now. I was just going to let it grow and see how long it could get, but I’m really to the point that I don’t know if I can stand it any longer. I will probably be getting my hair cut next week. Yes, I will be giving it to Locks of Love if I do.
4. I dated my husband for four months before he proposed. The hitch here is that we had been friends for 1 1/2 years before he asked me out. He was a little nervous 🙂
5. We are debt free as of yesterday, because I paid off the car tires! Whoot!
6. In the past 5 years, I have worked at a craft store, a clothing store, a restaurant, and a sheep farm.
7. I am a seamstress as well as a writer, and yes, I draw the clothing many of my characters wear. It’s especially fun to draw the outfits for my fantasy characters!
And my 15 recently discovered blogs that I am giving this award to as well are . . .
A Single Bell
Nadia Gaspar, Writer
Scribbler of Dreams, Child of God
Can’t Put It Down
Bards and Prophets
The Action P(r)ose
Bonnie Rae, Just Words . . .
Jason A. Beineke, Author
Sam de la Pena
Trust Your Story
One Hundred & 80 Days
The Virtual Desk of Cate Russell-Cole