My Goals and Aspirations for 2012
I hate the word ‘resolution’, because I am not someone who resolves easily. I like ‘goals’ much better, because then if something happens where I truly can’t complete something, it’s not a failure. It’s just something that will have to wait a little while longer.
I’ve had some of these goals in the back of my mind for a while now, especially as I begin to feel the price of spending hours a day hunched over a computer. My body is protesting now.
I’m going to have three different kinds of goals this year – Writing/Blogging, Lifestyle, and Me.
Writing/Blogging should be obvious as to what kinds of goals they are :D.
Lifestyle will be things that I want to change about habits and choices I make, and how my husband and I live.
Me will be things that I just plain old want to do.
- Finish Weeping Willow – this is all read-throughs, re-writes, edits.
- Query Weeping Willow to at least 5 agents by the end of the year.
- Enter at least one round of Writers of the Future.
- Complete pre-writing stuff for Father Time – outline, character charts, research.
- Finish rough draft of Stars for the Dead.
- Blog at least 3 times a week for the whole year.
- Participate in 3-5 blog tours/campaigns/etc. by the end of the year.
- Utilize my Facebook page, Twitter, Google+, SheWrites, and Goodreads accounts better.
- Stay caught up with the blogs I follow.
- Finish making this blog polished!
- Revive my Tea & Yarn blog.
- Have several posts in queue for both blogs by the end of the year.
- Finish my ABCs of Fiction Writing project.
- Spend 10 hours a week each on: writing and editing (unless on an actual vacation, or sick), and keep caught up with critiques for others.
- Be up to 300 followers on my blog by the end of the year.
- Read my Bible daily. I didn’t do well with this one in 2011.
- Take up running again, and stick with it this time, also core-strengthening stuff.
- Stretch at least twice a day, especially with as much as I sit in front of the computer.
- Do a full-body cleanse, preferably near the beginning of the year.
- Make more clothes than I buy this year.
- Begin making my own household cleaning and personal products.
- Play with the cat for at least an hour each day, preferably 15 minute spurts at a time.
- Take at least one day each month where I don’t do anything at all with technology – no computer, TV, cell phone, etc. If at all possible (weather and commitments allowing), spend it outdoors somewhere where I can’t hear traffic.
- Be in bed by 10 pm on ‘work’ nights. This is void during NaNo.
- Buy a house.
- Read more – aim for 30 minutes a day.
- Get a tattoo (finances allowing, of course). I’ve got four in mind that I want, but one of them will definitely be further down the road because it will be a large piece. One of the possibilities is an emblem from my Gyti stories, the other two are quotes – “Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists.” (Blaise Pascal) or “He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” (Jim Elliot). I don’t know where I would get any of those, lol. Things to ponder . . .
- Make another corset.
- Go on more dates with my husband, even if it’s just taking a walk somewhere.
- Eliminate processed foods from my diet.
- Attempt Project 365.
- Spend more time with my dearest friends.
- Get a dog, provided we actually get a house.
- Work my way down to only 5 hours of TV per week.
- Go to the midnight premier of The Hobbit in costume. Yes, I am a rabid fan.