#writemotivation update & revisions
May is not turning out how I expected at all. Some is good, some is bad, all of it is exhausting.
So, once again, I am revising my May #WriteMotivation goals.
At the beginning of the month, they were:
1. Complete first draft of Undoing.
2. Finish read-through and start serious edits on Weeping Willow.
3. Revise essay for Ozark contest.
4. Write all devotionals through the month of August.
5. Start working on self-pub devotional idea.
Revised goals are now:
1. Finish read-through, write query letter, seriously think about changing the title, and start serious edits for Weeping Willow. This is now priority #1 because of THIS.
2. Write 500 words per day on Undoing for the rest of the month. Undoing is now going to be my June Camp NaNoWriMo project.
3. Write all devotionals through the month of August.
I think I can maybe accomplish these in the last half of May! I hope! I’ve already got my June goals listing off in my head . . .
- #WriteMotivation – Busy Start to May (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- It’s time for #writemotivation again! (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
Being flexible is necessary, especially when an opportunity presents itself. Good luck with the edits and competition!
One of the wonderful things about setting monthly goals? Doing exactly what you’re doing today. Thought you may start with one thing, you allow yourself the ability to modify as needed. So I cheer you on as you continue on with #writemotivation!!!
contests are great motivators for lighting a fire under my butt. i guess, anytime i have a serious deadline i seem to do better. the contest sounds awesome. good luck with that and with your revised goals!
Good luck with it all, I’ll be cheering along with you! I think it’s great that you’ve revised your goals – no point stressing if they’re no longer realistic.
BTW, I’m happy to take a look at your query letter for you if you want; I’ve been told I’m really good at critiquing them 🙂
Wishing you all the best.
I’m hoping to do November’s NaNo. June is too hard with kids home, etc. Please share your journey with us here. I’ll really need to gear myself up to participate in November. By then I hope to be done with the novel I’m writing now, so I can devote myself to a new project.
Cheering for you, as always.
I think this is a really good approach. Sometimes you just have to reorganize your goals 😀 Happens to all of us ❤
You can do it!
Hi! My mission…which I chose to accept…was to continue to visit as many A to Z Challenge participants as I could even after the challenge is over because I didn’t want to miss out on any great bloggers out there! Lovely blog…good luck with the rest of the year and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Donna L Martin
Pingback: #writemotivation – May is . . . interesting. (and another title poll . . .) « Rebekah Loper, Writer