NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 7
NaNo 2012 Day 7
Word Goal: 11,669/50,000
Actual word count: 12,511
What happened today: Errand day, and church that night (the normal Wednesday routine). I already knew that I wasn’t going to get much writing done, if I was able to at all. So, instead, I focused on starting my revisions from what I wrote Day 1 & 2, and some basic edits on the rest of what I’ve written so I can get it all back to my CP/betas again. So, today’s excerpt is the same from Day 1, but revised.
I also maybe came to the realization that Undoing might end up a trilogy, instead of a stand-alone >_<. The Ferrets already know they’re not allowed to say “I told you so”. They already got a good, long, laugh from it.
Clawed fingers grab me and the world changes angles temporarily as I’m pulled out of the shadows. The wall is suddenly behind me. My head thuds against it, and a flash of pain shoots through my eyes.
It is everything I can do to keep my breathing calm. A situation is never hopeless before the facts can be observed, that’s what mother always said when I would panic.
“Please.” Did I say that out loud? I hope I had the accent right, or it wouldn’t matter if my eyes were seen or not.
The hands still, but fingers are still digging into my arms. Suddenly, I am so very aware of their warmth. My breath does catch now. How long has it been since I felt another’s touch?
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 1 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 2 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 3 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- #WriteMotivation & NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 4 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 5 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 6 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)