NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 8
NaNo 2012 Day 8
Word Goal: 13,333/50,000
Actual word count: 12,511
What happened today: I am officially behind, because I spent the day editing those 12,511 words instead of writing new ones. But I’m so extremely glad that I did it, because I came across a couple of MAJOR plot inconsistencies that would have really screwed me up further down the road. I have a much clearer picture of where these characters are going now. The good news is that I finished the night with only 2,000 words left to go over in the morning. The goal for the 9th is to get caught back up to 15k.
Short Excerpt (Day 2’s excerpt in it’s much-better revised form – it changed a lot):
The chill from the cobblestones permeates the too-thin soles of my shoes. There’s a hole in one of them, right under the ball of my foot, and with every step the cold is like a stab of pain all the way into my knee. I should be used to the ache by now, but I’m not.
I’m nearing the central square of the city now. I see a glimmer of light off the Eye faintly reflecting through the streets. The moon is coming out again and my destination is just ahead. According to the maps, the entrance to the notorious Kashtophim dungeons are nearby, and since the square also serves as the execution grounds I’m certain there will be more guards posted there than I’ve encountered so far.
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 1 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 2 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 3 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- #WriteMotivation & NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 4 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 5 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 6 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 – Day 7 (blackanddarknight.wordpress.com)