My Goals and Aspirations for 2012 – The Recap
I can’t believe 2012 is almost OVER.
I really can’t.
So much has happened this year, and sadly it seems that so little of it has been writing-related. My personal/family life has exploded (in the not-good way), especially the last six months, with the exception of buying a house.
I laugh at myself now.
But I have accomplished some things!
Also, in celebration of reaching the 300-blog-posts milestone, I’ve got a giveaway running! Go check it out and enter to win some awesome winter treats (or a feature on my blog)!
Both the voting for Round 1 of NaNo Virtuosos and the entering the giveaway end on Dec 28th!]
So, let’s see what I actually did this year . . .
- Finish Weeping Willow – this is all read-throughs, re-writes, edits. – hahaha.
- Query Weeping Willow to at least 5 agents by the end of the year. – HAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Enter at least one round of Writers of the Future. – I think I’ve decided to knock this one of the Bucket List permanently.
- Complete pre-writing stuff for Father Time – outline, character charts, research. – nope.
- Finish rough draft of Stars for the Dead. – still in progress, but it is being worked on.
Blog at least 3 times a week for the whole year.– with the exception of one hiatus, I think I actually came pretty close to this one, so we’re going to call it complete! Participate in 3-5 blog tours/campaigns/etc. by the end of the year.– 2012 Debut Author Challenge, the A-Z Challenge, “And You Are . . .?” Blog Hop, several cover reveals & at least one book launch, the CSFF Blog Tour, First Loves Blogfest, HobbitFest, #WriteMotivation . . . I’m sure there’s some I’m missing. But I definitely did AT LEAST five.
- Utilize my Facebook page, Twitter, Google+, SheWrites, and Goodreads accounts better. – hm, not really.
- Stay caught up with the blogs I follow. – HAHAHA!
Finish making this blog polished!– I have made significant progress, so yes.
- Revive my Tea & Yarn blog. – this is permanently being removed from the Bucket List as well.
- Have several posts in queue for both blogs by the end of the year. – HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
- Finish my ABCs of Fiction Writing project. – HAHAHAHA!!! (In all seriousness, I think I’m going to edit and finish this for my A-Z Challenge this year.
- Spend 10 hours a week each on: writing and editing (unless on an actual vacation, or sick), and keep caught up with critiques for others. – *snort*.
- Be up to 300 followers on my blog by the end of the year. – I have 190 email followers, and I don’t like that WordPress now lumps in all my twitter connections with the numbers, but I have probably between 200-250 people that actually read this somewhat between email subscribers and RSS. So close, but not quite.
- Read my Bible daily. I didn’t do well with this one in 2011. – *groan* didn’t do well with this one in 2012 either.
- Take up running again, and stick with it this time, also core-strengthening stuff. – the LACK of this is probably why I’m achy every day now.
- Stretch at least twice a day, especially with as much as I sit in front of the computer. – hah.
- Do a full-body cleanse, preferably near the beginning of the year. – hah.
- Make more clothes than I buy this year. – well . . . I didn’t make very much (only two dresses that I haven’t even worn yet), but I didn’t buy very much either . . .
Begin making my own household cleaning and personal products.– this is still in progress, but it has started.
- Play with the cat for at least an hour each day, preferably 15 minute spurts at a time. – HAHAHA!
- Take at least one day each month where I don’t do anything at all with technology – no computer, TV, cell phone, etc. If at all possible (weather and commitments allowing), spend it outdoors somewhere where I can’t hear traffic. – er . . kinda forgot about this one.
- Be in bed by 10 pm on ‘work’ nights. This is void during NaNo. – nope.
Buy a house.– YES YES A HUNDRED TIMES YES!
- Read more – aim for 30 minutes a day. – well, I hit my Goodreads goal, but I certainly didn’t read EVERY day. So nope.
- Get a tattoo (finances allowing, of course). – Finances did not allow. We bought a house instead.
- Make another corset. – Nope.
Go on more dates with my husband, even if it’s just taking a walk somewhere.– I made more of an effort to spend time with him, but we didn’t really have money for dates.
- Eliminate processed foods from my diet. – nope.
Attempt Project 365.– I think I made it through March. Might try this one again. So, I most definitely ATTEMPTED it. Spend more time with my dearest friends.– YES. And made some amazing new ones this year, also.
- Get a dog, provided we actually get a house. – um . . . we got chickens instead XD.
Work my way down to only 5 hours of TV per week.– Well, I’m only watching actual TV about 1-2 hours a week, if even that (only following Once Upon a Time and NCIS currently) . . . but I am probably still watching too many movies and such. Though I do occasionally go days without turning on the TV, so THAT is progress. Go to the midnight premier of The Hobbit in costume. Yes, I am a rabid fan.– YES YES YES YES YES. AND IT WAS AWESOME.
So overall, I made progress. I had no idea about the curveballs I was going to get thrown this year with life, so I don’t feel like I failed, but I did definitely NOT manage my time well in some situations.
I’ve also re-prioritized some things. Like Weeping Willow. Not sure when/if that one is going to get done.
Overall, I’m pleased. But I still want to do better.
How did your goals come in 2012?