Exciting End of Year Stats, the giveaway winners, and my 2013 Goals & Aspirations
First, yay for year-end-stats!
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 14,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 3 Film Festivals
I know not everyone finds statistics as fascinating as I do, but I thought I’d still share the report :).
And the winner from my winter giveaway is:
Shannon, I will do my utmost to remember to email you tomorrow for your mailing address, but if you see this first, just send it to me at rebekah(dot)loper(at)gmail(dot)com. Also let me know your preference of a box of tea (and what flavor) or if you want hot chocolate instead.
And finally, since 2012 is drawing to a close, my goals and aspirations for 2013:
1. Finish draft 1 of 2011 NaNo (Gyti universe – Stars for the Dead . . . but not. It’s a long story that will get explained later.)
2. Write book 2 of Undoing.
3. Make major progress on 2-3 books of Gyti.
4. Finish ABCs of Fiction Writing.
5. Participate in no more than 5 major blog events (platform building campaign, bloghops/fests, etc) spread throughout the year.
6. Attend 2-4 writing conferences and pitch to an agent at least once (currently planning for OWFI, OCW, and Nimrod, and possibly the Muse Online conference).
7. Draft 1-2 short stories per month.
8. Have outlines for at least 2-3 novels completed at the end of the year.
9. Completely organize writing things.
10. Continue blogging 2-3 times a week.
11. Write every day except Monday (there are related goals in Health & Lifestyle below).
12. Read at least one “craft” book per month. (You know, books about writing!)
Health/Lifestyle Goals – I’ve decided to revive #WriteMeHealthy (both as a twitter hashtag, and as a “challenge”, but with a little twist. A long time ago, I used to use an online app known as Health Month, and it’s still going strong! I’ve set up a team for #WriteMeHealthy, so go check out Health Month and see if it’s something you might be interested in! It’s free to use when you only have three or less “rules”, which is really where you’ll want to start your first time anyway.)
1. Get a spring garden in.
2. Work out at least 3 times a week.
3. Read Bible daily.
4. Take Mondays off from writing, chores, exercise basically make it my “Sabbath rest”.
5. Stay off the computer until 9 am Tues-Sat.
6. Take at least one day per month completely off the computer.
7. Start making and using more home remedies.
1. Attempt Project 365 (again).
2. Have plan in place for finishing household and outdoor projects (even if it’s going to take years).
3. Get a tattoo (I’ve actually figured out what I want for my first one for certain, lol).
4. Take advantage of the free foreign language and continuing education courses available through my local library.
5. Make most/all of my “new” clothes this year.