Exciting End of Year Stats, the giveaway winners, and my 2013 Goals & Aspirations
First, yay for year-end-stats!
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 14,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 3 Film Festivals
Click here to see the complete report.
I know not everyone finds statistics as fascinating as I do, but I thought I’d still share the report :).
And the winner from my winter giveaway is:
Shannon, I will do my utmost to remember to email you tomorrow for your mailing address, but if you see this first, just send it to me at rebekah(dot)loper(at)gmail(dot)com. Also let me know your preference of a box of tea (and what flavor) or if you want hot chocolate instead.
And finally, since 2012 is drawing to a close, my goals and aspirations for 2013:
1. Finish draft 1 of 2011 NaNo (Gyti universe – Stars for the Dead . . . but not. It’s a long story that will get explained later.)
2. Write book 2 of Undoing.
3. Make major progress on 2-3 books of Gyti.
4. Finish ABCs of Fiction Writing.
5. Participate in no more than 5 major blog events (platform building campaign, bloghops/fests, etc) spread throughout the year.
6. Attend 2-4 writing conferences and pitch to an agent at least once (currently planning for OWFI, OCW, and Nimrod, and possibly the Muse Online conference).
7. Draft 1-2 short stories per month.
8. Have outlines for at least 2-3 novels completed at the end of the year.
9. Completely organize writing things.
10. Continue blogging 2-3 times a week.
11. Write every day except Monday (there are related goals in Health & Lifestyle below).
12. Read at least one “craft” book per month. (You know, books about writing!)
Health/Lifestyle Goals – I’ve decided to revive #WriteMeHealthy (both as a twitter hashtag, and as a “challenge”, but with a little twist. A long time ago, I used to use an online app known as Health Month, and it’s still going strong! I’ve set up a team for #WriteMeHealthy, so go check out Health Month and see if it’s something you might be interested in! It’s free to use when you only have three or less “rules”, which is really where you’ll want to start your first time anyway.)
1. Get a spring garden in.
2. Work out at least 3 times a week.
3. Read Bible daily.
4. Take Mondays off from writing, chores, exercise basically make it my “Sabbath rest”.
5. Stay off the computer until 9 am Tues-Sat.
6. Take at least one day per month completely off the computer.
7. Start making and using more home remedies.
1. Attempt Project 365 (again).
2. Have plan in place for finishing household and outdoor projects (even if it’s going to take years).
3. Get a tattoo (I’ve actually figured out what I want for my first one for certain, lol).
4. Take advantage of the free foreign language and continuing education courses available through my local library.
5. Make most/all of my “new” clothes this year.
Great goals and thanks for sharing! I admire all of them, particularly the ones about taking time off the computer and other such boundaries. I really need to do this, and I think if I did, it just might minimise the time I spend mindlessly surfing (which I do WAY too much!) Thanks for the ideas – I might steal a few 😉 Good luck with them all and Happy New Year!
I LOVE THE STATS REPORT. Numbers are so much fun. 😀
And I want to take a look at the library courses more in-depth. There were several on there that looked interesting, some from a “Wow, I want to learn this!” viewpoint and others from a “…this sounds utterly ridiculous but the story fodder would be AMAZING” viewpoint.
Good luck on your goals in 2013! *salutes*
You know, for not enjoying math in general, I sure do love stats a lot, hehe!
Three cheers to the winner! And love your goals. Lofty but attainable. You can do it.
May your new year be happy, bright and prosperous 🙂
Great ideas for goals, Rebekah! What is the Project 365 that you mentioned though? Is this a blogging challenge or something else?
Project 365 is a photo challenge to take a picture every single day. I have a friend that’s done it consecutively for 6 years, and she’s been able to capture everything from her marriage through the birth of their first child through whatever adventures she had this year!
So, in an effort to break out of my photo avoidance, and in an effort to capture more memories, I really want to do this, lol. But, I only made it through about March in 2012. We’ll see how far I get this year!
What great goals!
Just wanted to let you know I received your box of goodies! Those oatmeal pies are amazing! Are you willing to share the recipe or is it top secret? Thanks again!
Pingback: My 2013 Goals & Aspirations – Some Revisions « Rebekah Loper, Writer