May #WriteMotivation & OWFI – What a weekend!
Oh wow, what a crazy past few days it’s been!
Where should I start?
I met Patrick Rothfuss! (There will be photographic evidence posted in a later post. Yes, I know I used two variations of the word “post” in that previous sentence. Deal with it. I don’t care right now.) But for now, his autograph!
And I met August McLaughlin, who is so very sweet and intelligent and fun! And I forgot to get a picture with her :(. But I got her book, with autograph, bwahaha!
Aaaaand… I pitched to two agents! One told me to go ahead and submit to him (I’m assuming I should just follow the directions on his agency website, except send to him directly, since he gave me his contact info. He didn’t really specify, and I was so nervous, I forgot to ask. Oops.)
The second agent… well, there’s a story here. The second agent requested my full manuscript. She seemed very enthusiastic, and had a LOT of questions about my story.
I found out why that evening.
When I won 1st place in the OWFI Contest for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror novel category!
BECAUSE SHE WAS THE ONE WHO JUDGED ALL THE ENTRIES.
So… she’s already read the first 25 pages of Catalyst.
AND SHE WANTS THE WHOLE THING!
Okay, on to the real reason for this post…
So, my May 2013 Goals:
1. Set Catalyst aside and NOT TOUCH IT. (With two exceptions – a final read-through the weekend of OWFI, and if I *gasp* get any requests.)
OMG I GOT A REQUEST. *ahem* But you already know this. So… yeah.
2. Aside from hopefully at least one pitch appointment at OWFI, query 5 agents with Catalyst.
Need to start on this one…
3. Draft 2-3 short stories (including flash fiction).
Haven’t even thought about this yet.
4. Outline 1-2 new novels and start character charts
One of these is definitely going to be the 2nd Undoing book.
5. Get 5 reviews pre-written for the blog.
Ummm, yeah, gotta start on this too… but I have plenty of reading material now!
How’s #WriteMotivation going for ya’ll? Or just your regular projects, if you’re not doing #WriteMotivation?
- An Interview with OWFI (And I Have the Grooviest Friends) (augustmclaughlin.wordpress.com)
- OWFI Conference . . . I’m There! (writingsluts.wordpress.com)